Sinigang Na Hipon – A FILIPINO Dish
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 bunch water spinach (kangkong), strips
- 3 Pcs string beans (sitaw), cut in length
- 3 Pcs Gumbo (Okra)
- 2 pcs med-sized tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large white onion, Sliced
- 6 cups water
- 1 pack sinigang mix (tamarind mix)
- 2 pcs long green pepper
Steps on how to Cook this:
- Pour the water in a large cooking pot and bring to a boil
- Add onions, tomatoes, Gumbo (Okra) & String Beans (Sitaw) and cook until texture becomes soft
- Put-in long green pepper and sinigang mix, Let it simmer for 2 minutes
- Add shrimps then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add water spinach (Kangkong), cover the pot. Wait for 5 minutes.
- Add another long green pepper (i like the taste of this)
- Put the Heat Off and Taste.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
*** You can always add your tamarind soup mix depending on your taste.
Enjoy This Recipe. Let me know your ideas or question regarding this dish.
WATCH VIDEO here: Sinigang Na Hipon (Shrimp Sinigang)